Jack Strauch is an experienced litigator who concentrates his practice on representing clients in the aviation industry, trucking industry, product manufacturers and designers. Jack has substantial trial experience, having tried dozens of jury trials in both state and federal courts, within and beyond North Carolina. BUSINESS NORTH CAROLINA magazine has named Jack one of the “Legal Elite” litigators. And, for a fourth consecutive year, Jack has been designated by his peers as one of the BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA® for 2013. BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA® also named Jack Lawyer of the Year for both 2012 and 2013. Most recently, Jack was inducted as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation only trial lawyer honorary society comprised of less than one half of one percent of American lawyers.
Jack has developed expertise in representing aviation industry clients. He has defended lawsuits arising out of general, commercial and military aviation accidents involving fixed and rotary wing aircraft. He has served as liaison counsel in multidistrict litigation arising out of a commercial airline crash. He has experience successfully trying aviation accident cases to jury verdict.
Jack also has a nationwide practice representing trucking industry clients. He advises clients on compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, safety programs, liability prevention, employment issues and other legal issues involved with day-to-day operations. He regularly acts as lead counsel on fatality and serious injury trucking accident cases throughout the United States.
Jack also has a depth of experience and expertise in product liability litigation. Jack has handled numerous product liability lawsuits involving medical devices, agricultural and home use tractors, heavy equipment, aircraft, automobiles, power tools, recreational equipment, pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment and other manufacturing equipment.
Jack has recently represented:
- Government contractor in wrongful death litigation arising out of military aircraft accidents.
- Multiple clients in Multidistrict Litigation involving a commercial aviation accident;
- Clients engaged in wrongful death litigation arising from trucking accidents;
- Two large trucking companies in the United States in lawsuits in numerous jurisdictions across the country, including jury trials to verdict in federal courts;
- Clients affected by agricultural and home use tractors in multiple product liability lawsuits;
- Clients affected by intraocular lenses and ocular surgery equipment in product liability actions.
- North Carolina, 1995
Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana, 1995 J.D.
- Magna Cum Laude
- Barristers Team, 1994-1995
- Arthur A, May Award for Trial Advocacy, 1995
- Edward F, Barrett Award for Trial Advocacy, 1995
- President, Social Justice Forum, 1993-1994
Dartmouth College, 1989 B.A.
- Honors in Psychology
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Past Employment Positions
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC, Member, 1995 – 2009